Accessibility Statement for The Calaveras County Website
This is an accessibility statement from Calaveras County.
Measures to support accessibility
Calaveras County takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of The Calaveras County Website:
- Provides continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assigns clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employs formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Provides a "PageAssist" toolbar to adjust font, font size, text, and color, on every webpage.
- Contracts with ADA focused website vendors to meet WGAC compliance standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Calaveras County Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The Calaveras County Website. Please let us know if you encounter any accessibility barriers.:
We try to respond to feedback within 2 - 4 business days..
Accessibility of The Calaveras County Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of The Calaveras County Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for The Calaveras County Website:
- Historical or large PDF documents may not be formatted for screen readers: Some documents are historical, the originals are not available, they have been provided by outside agencies, or they have been adopted by the Board of Supervisors. All current PDFs are prepared using Adobe Accessibility tools. Contact the associated department for further assistance.
- Flyers may have text over images and may not be ADA compliant: Some flyers are created by outside agencies or partners and may not have been designed, or run through ADA compliance software. We make every attempt to alter documents using Adobe's Accessibility software, we also notify the agency or partner who supplied the flyer or our compliance standards. Contact the associated department for further assistance.
- External links open in new windows: Links to agencies or partners websites will open in a new window, this allows the user to return easily to the Calaveras County website. We add a note that the link will open in a new window.
- Image alt tags have been removed on decorative images: We have removed image alt tags to assist screen readers in reporting pertinent information without being interrupted by decorative image descriptions. Images of local areas taken by local artists may have the location of the image and the artists name.
Calaveras County assessed the accessibility of The Calaveras County Website by the following approaches:
This statement was created on 18 August 2022 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.